Back in April I picked up a First Response pregnancy test. Yep, I thought it might come out positive. It didn't. It was negative. Two days later, I still had my doubts about the test; I was late after all. So, I took another First Response test. Negative.
Hmm. I went to the store and picked up an EPT and tried it the same day. Negative. Waited 2 days and took a generic brand. Five days late and still a negative test. So, I called the Dr.
It was a Monday morning and I went in. I explained that I keep a decent calendar and was over 5 days late but had 4 negative tests. They were as intrigued as I was. So, for fun I took their urine test; for accuracy they drew blood.
Both the blood test and urine test came out POSITIVE!!
Yep, Kjelshus Baby # 3 was well on his/her way and wanted to make a fuss, I guess.
The next morning I woke up with obvious UTI symptoms and went in, again, to see the Dr. That test was also positive. And, there's the explanation to the 4 false negatives.
So, with a due date of December 16th plans were set in motion.
The girls have been enjoying seeing pictures of fetal development on various websites and discussing how I feel or observing the changes in my belly. Here's a little snip it of some fun we had with my growing belly.
McKenna decided to write all sorts of mean words to describe my belly, "tubby, giant, etc."
The stinker....
Ella on the other hand, showed much more compassion!
Today was our first opportunity to see our active baby on the big screen. That's right-ultra sound day. This is one of the most fun tests a pregnant gal can take. So exciting. And yes, I couldn't wait to find out if Kjelshus Baby #3 is a boy or a girl!
Before I go on, I should tell you the important things. Baby looks good. Measurements are good, weight is good. They checked all sorts of stuff, brain (no water, proper size), kidneys (not enlarged, functioning properly), spine/ribs (all accounted for and properly positioned), stomach (there and working), heart (all 4 chambers and working), femur (there and proper size), no cleft lip, definite movement,etc.. I am sure that I am missing something but everything came out just fine. Placenta was slightly low so they want to check that again via ultra sound.
Keep in mind that this is a picture of a picture, taken with a cell phone. But, look at the little face.
So, is Kjelshus Baby #3 a boy or a girl??
Well, the sonographer seemed QUITE confident. She explained that baby's mild activity (Thanks Kendra for telling me to drink a Coke before hand for some sugar induced energy!) meant that baby's legs were wide open.
Are you tired of me putting it off?
Scroll down a bit more....
Okay, okay.... Ella picked out this outfit for the baby!
That's right. We are having a baby boy!
Please leave a comment with your tips/advice for mothering a boy!




16 comments:
OMG!!! Advice, you're gonna want to check into that hotel room a lot more often with a boy!! I can't wait!!! Congratulations!!
Congratulations once again! My best advice...No matter what ANYONE says, the Word of God, which is the truth of the matter, does NOT say that boys are more difficult than girls to raise. Different, no doubt. Learn what you can, watch your words. :-)
way to go jessica,that will be my first great grand son.Great news!!! Congradulations!! easier to raise than girls.
CONGRATS!!! How exciting!!! 2 girls and a baby boy---I can attest to the fun and blessings they will bring! :)
Wonderful! You'll have your own "Wild Thing" to raise. My advice is to channel the aggression and battling instinct into protectiveness. Ivan wants to bring a gun in the car, I set up a game where he "protects mommy".
Also, every kid is difficult and easy in their own ways regardless of gender. Just keep raising your kids meeting their individual needs and abilities and you will do fine!
(Maybe don't expect a bookworm, but you never know!)
Congrats! I have to disagree with your Aunt Leigh...I think Caden has been way easier than Keira. However its all probably just personality. (And I thankfully don't have teenagers yet!:))
Only advice is just to watch out for the diaper change sprays.
Nikki
NO WAY!!! That's AWESOME!!!
Congratulations! I'm sure you & Arthur are thrilled =)
So Kelli's due Oct 14th,
Rachel's due Nov 14th,
& y'all Dec. 16th!
By Christmas there will be 3 new babies added to the family ~ how blessed are we!??!!! =)
p.s. As one who has had 4 girls, 2 stepdaughters, & 1 boy, I believe *All* babies (& children) are different, neither easier, nor harder, just unique to themselves. Raise them in the admonition of the Lord & you can't go wrong...as if I need to tell you ;)
You are a wonderful Mommy to your girls & will be to your beautiful boy also.
My mom said my brothers were easier to raise than us girls. It all depends on the personalities.
Thanks everyone!! Nikki your diaper tip is exactly what I am looking for!!! Sarah J. told me the same thing!!
Yep, I'm in the market for boys clothes now!!
Aunt Leigh, your comment got deleted. Hoping you can leave one again =)
Congrats!! Your Mothers intuition was correct with those dreams!! Like I have said before. . . being a mother of 3 (1 girl and 2 boys)There is nothing like the love of a boy for his Mom, no matter what age!
Harrison can teach him to be funny like he did Hayden! Ha ha (Harrison thinks he did)
Congrats, Jessica on your baby boy. Children are such a blessing! Fern
You know...I know it's a picture of a picture, but...the ultrasound pic looks like McKenna. :-)
so far.
Mom, I was thinking it looked like Mckenna so far too! Its just a fetus and we are already deciding its resemblance!
I agree with everyone that personality is the big factor. I'm so happy its a boy!
Oh, did McKenna write "Bubba" on your belly?? Did Arthur give her that idea? It sounds like something he would do. Too funny though!
why'd you delete my comment?!
Post a Comment