5.20.2008

Can we pet it? Can we feed it?

Why can't I hold it?
I am NOT touching that!
I am hungry?
When are we eating?
When will we see the pigs (while looking at the horses)?
I want to pet the horse (while looking at the pig)!
Can we eat?
Do you have a snack?
I'm thirsty.
What are we doing next?
When's the hay ride?
When's the hay ride over?
Where are we going on the hay ride?

These are just a few of the questions that were repeated to me while I took the girls (Cora too!) to Hugo Animal Farm. You'd think that I forgot to feed them breakfast. Actually, they each ate a bowl of cereal and a lot of crackers.


Here are a few of my responses:


Those are the farm rules. The Tom Turkey might bite you if you hold it.
You don't have to touch it. Don't worry!
We'll eat at lunchtime.
We'll see the pigs soon. You need to be patient.
We just saw the horse and you didn't want to pet it.
We will eat soon.
No, I didn't bring a snack.
You'll have a juice box with your lunch.
I don't know what's going on next. Maybe we will see some more animals.
The hay ride is soon.
It just started so it will be a few minutes.
I don't know where we are going on the ride; down the street a bit, I think.


Most of these questions were from McKenna and few were from Cora. Ella, however, was quite content and happy to be where we were at the time that we were there doing whatever we were doing.

Ella was also eager to pet everything. She didn't show any real fear of any of the animals. She was a little hesitant of the calves. She certainly didn't have any reservations when approaching the two Belgian horses: weighing in at approximately 800 pounds, stand 5'9" tall. You'll see the picture below.

Another fun farm to visit: Pinehaven Farm!

Beware there are lots of pictures.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE All THE QUESTIONS!! DON'T YOU?
IT MAKES LIFE INTERESTING!!