5.15.2008

I need your advice!

Puleeze, can someone help me? My cat seems to enjoy nibbling on my house plants. The girls (in their various Sunday School classes and ECFE classes) have planted a few flowers for me over the course of the past month. The cat has nibbled the plants to, literally, to death.

Please leave a comment with your suggestion.

And, I know many of my family members (Jim and Sara, I am talkin' to you!) will sarcastically say something about dumping the cat. Well, I am not sure that is an option. So...

...please leave a comment with your reasonable suggestion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you were a baby and we had a cat that did that, I read that you should place a few mothballs in the plants and that would keep the cat away. I just can't remember if it worked, it was so long ago.
Real peppermint oil (not extract) will keep squirrels and that away from outdoor plants, maybe that would work. Jolene said, put some of the peppermint oil on a cotton ball and lay it in there.
P.S. Jim wouldn't tell you to get rid of the cat. He likes them too.

Anonymous said...

I like Cats too! I just don't want one anytime soon. I got one in college...but I got rid of him when I realized the cost (and he ate through my computer cords, and Ting-Ting put him in the oven).

Anonymous said...

Keep water bottle on hand. EVERY time you see cat going toward one of plants, squirt it in face.

I know pouring ammonia in garbage bag kept dogs from trying to get in - not sure if ammonia would hurt plants though

Anonymous said...

Or, since we are talking about a cat, perhaps if you plant a little arsenic in with the flowers...