My Kindergarten class. I don't even remember the name of the teacher. I remember the names of the majority of the kids. I went through the system with most of them. I feel bad for the kid behind the tree. I bet his mom was furious at the photographer. Oh yeah, that's me in the white dress leaning with my arms on the rail. I had some serious bangs. This was taken in our school library. We had an awesome library with neat reading corners all over.

This is first grade. I am in the yellow dress right in the center. The girl behind me, Holly, became my best friend until about 8th-9th grade. Sadly, we just kinda went our own way. I don't even know what she is up to now.

Alright, this is 4th grade. And, I got a spanking on the first day of school with a wooden paddle. I was talking after the teacher gave me a warning. Yes, that was allowed back then. (At least, I think.) I am on the left side with the LONG hair in the pink shirt. It wasn't until about 1 year later that my great aunt (Cioci Jeanette) and grandfather convinced my mom to let me cut my hair. I was thankful that my Aunt Lenore had her scissors handy at just the precise moment.
2 comments:
Oh what memories . . . now we see little Jessie in Mckenna, no denying who her Momma is!! I remember the kindergarten and 1st grade picture!! Imagine you talking to much! Don't feel bad I got a spanking in the 8th grade for to much talking. My Mom said I deserved it!! It was a long time coming. It's hard to believe they spanked for talking.
I believe your kindergarten teacher was Ms. Hudson. You loved her and very soon after being in her class you came home and said you wanted to be a teacher.
Post a Comment