I am so blessed to have such great friends in my life. Two of my friends and I decided to have mini camps for our girls (all the same age). Each mom took a day and a theme. Ours was "Rainbow Camp" or as Arthur wanted me to call it, "Takin' Back the Rainbow."
First step to mini camp? Supplies
Base Station to set supplies on!
Said Supplies and Post it note lesson plan!
Dye
Things to Dye
Student work station in driveway
Snack (theme related!)
Goody Bags, because they are fun!
Friends!
A little Silliness
Next Step: Students ready for a project
The next few pics are the "befores and afters" of our project.
You see, she wanted to do one item randomly and the other item in stripes. Nice work!
Her aim was a bulls eye on one and random on the other.
She decided to work the color schemes!
Random, bulls eye and stripes for the baby onsie.
Nice bulls eye.
Next on the lesson: Snack time!
Snack time
While the girls were eating snack we read 2 stories. One was of God's promise to Noah after the flood. We called that promise the "Rainbow Promise." We also talked about how and when rainbows occur. I tried to introduce the term refraction to the girls. We created a rainbow inside using a flashlight, glass of water and piece of white paper. We discussed the order of the colors and mentioned Roy G Biv! We also played with color creations using food coloring, detergent and milk. I think they liked this experiment.
By then, the lesson plan said, lunchtime!
The camp was a lot a fun! I would do it again. All of the girls behaved well. I think they really enjoyed it and I think they learned something. Hopefully, each time they wear their shirts they'll remember the day they talked about Rainbows at our mini camp!
I'll be thinking of a theme for next year.
























3 comments:
Very fun idea!!
OMG!!! You are super mom!!
That's all a pretty creative idea and a brave endeavor!! Cudos!
Looks like Ella dyed her legs too. :-)
Post a Comment