12.13.2010

Snapshots from the hospital

It was interesting to see how McKenna and Ella responded to everything. Even before we got to hospital Ella was holding back tears. She was afraid and didn't know what to expect. She was concerned about me and my well being. She is so sweet and compassionate.

McKenna was so curious as to what they were doing to me. She was also a little grossed out (all she really saw was the IV go into my hand). She kept asking if it hurt me and why wasn't I embarrassed to have doctors and nurses looking at my body so much. She was excited and had a hard time keeping quiet and calm.

Sawyer was born at 11:27pm. We were all asleep at about 2am. I wish to goodness that I had a picture of the girls camping out on the floor of our room.

Sawyer weighed 8lbs 3oz

Daddy likes to check everything out

Ella's a big sister now!

You'll notice that the girls are in their pj's. That's because they had just woke up. Remember, no one could get them so they cam to the hospital with us! Their grandparents took them the next day.

just a few minutes old...


Big Sister shirts!


Mom and son


Man, they really bundle those babies up!

leaving the hospital

2 comments:

Mom said...

Welllll...I'll tell ya. You look pretty good in those hosp pics for having just gone thru all of those hours of labor and then delivery! All sparkley!! Still... Better ye than me.. lol.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you look wonderful even after all that ... Arthur doesn't look too shabby either (huggees, Arthur)

I'll bet your family was a hit with the entire staff.

Hugs - Nana Z