2.29.2008

Now My Toilet Bowl Is Springtime Fresh

So, I have struggled keeping clean bathrooms since having kids. Am I the only one? I can't really clean the bathroom when they are out playing. They want to explore every strong powered cleaning product I use. (By the way, my kids use that terminology--"cleaning product.") I have discovered a good way to keep them (my bathrooms--not my kids!) sparkling clean. I clean the bathroom while my children are in the tub. I am able to scrub the toilet, wipe the counters, clean and disinfect the floor, Windex the mirrors/windows and tidy up the linen closet. They are way to engrossed into bath time and bath toys. All the while I can sing silly songs to them, monitor sibling rivalry, maintain a safe environment, yada, yada. The tub is the only thing that doesn't get clean. I just wipe it down (with a very powerful cleaning product!) after I get them it out. They are generally happy to do a "silly, naked dance" before I put on their pajamas! Based on this new discovery there will be bath time in both of the bathrooms now.

4 comments:

Carey said...

What a great idea, Jessica!! I have the same problem with getting my bathroom clean while the kids are up and hanging all over me. I like the idea of cleaning the bathroom while Sophie's playing in the tub, but Greg often is the one giving her the bath. Any strategies for getting a HUSBAND to clean the bathroom while he's giving the kid a bath??? HA!!

Blahsay said...

Do I have dreams? Do I have aspirations? No! But I have a toilet bowl that is springtime fresh and I'm pleased as punch to be a short order cook for 2 dogs!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I do the same thing! It really works, and I don't even have to put the kids' needs off to get it done.
Love the blog!
~Kim S.

Lynda :) said...

Actually I do that with Max too! The floor generally gets wet anyhow(he likes to splash) so I figure I may as well utilize it! When he's in his highchair eating or coloring, I also take that oppurtunity to windex my kitchen appliances & clean counters, etc. So I guess pretty much what I'm saying is, it's much easier to clean when you can CONTAIN a toddler (Which isn't very often!) than when they're on the loose!!
Cioci Lynda :)