2.28.2008

Princess McKenna





In January we celebrated McKenna's 5th birthday with a princess party. It took a while for McKenna to decide on that particular theme. First it was polka dots, then a yellow and pink party and finally she settled on a princess party. Once her mind was made up, I was on the job. I love planning parties, especially themed ones.




There are tons of fabulous ideas and suggestions on the Internet for kids' parties. We played pin the kiss on the frog. The girls got their hair done--princess style! The court jester hid all of the royal coins and we had to find them. We ate heart shaped sandwiches, jeweled salad (which was really fruit) and drank pink princess punch (raspberry sherbet and ginger ale). I also read a book titled Gigi! God's Little Princess by Sheila Walsh (Women of Faith). I think McKenna had a blast and so did her friends. Two of the little girls said that it was the first birthday party they had been to. All of my little creativity buttons start lighting up when I get the chance to put together something like that--a princess party. The Queen approved!

No comments: