8.16.2009

Kjelshus Family Reunion

This August we went to the 2nd Annual Kjelshus Reunion at Kjelshus Point on Lake Hanska. What a pretty lake and what a gorgeous spot! The day was fun. The girls had a blast. They swam in the lake with Daddy. Later, Daddy brought them (and a few other cousins) on a paddle boat ride. McKenna also got to ride a jet ski for the first time. I was in high school the first time I rode a jet ski!

A special thanks to Frank and his crew for planning and organizing. Thanks to Anne and Dave and family for hosting. Thanks to Dave for giving the kids jet ski rides for 2 hours!! And, thanks to Aunt Virginia for taking and sending pictures!





Here are Cousin Kelsey, McKenna and Ella. They picked flowers, twigs, cat tails, etc and made "nature wands" for a while. Here, Ella was a little fixated on binding her wand together with a long piece of grass.
Afterwards, we stopped by Aunt Virginia's farm. This time of year most farms have lots of kittens wibble-wobbling and pouncing around the property. Hers was no different. Those of you who know me, know that I cannot be around kittens without touching them. I'll tell ya what...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. McKenna and Ella couldn't stay away from them. There was one particularly cute kitten. It was black with longer fur. It had subtle markings around the face and tummy. It reminded me of a cat my family had growing up (We had a white cat named Crocket and a black cat named Tubbs). I REALLY wanted it. Almost this bad! I still want to drive back down and get it. It was the healthiest of all the cats and the calmest! Aunt Virginia....hold on to it. I am still trying to convince Arthur! Arthur, PUH-LEEZE!!???
When we asked the girls what their favorite parts of the day were....Ella said, "definitely the kittens." For McKenna it was a toss up between the kittens and the jet ski!

PS: That black kitten that Ella is holding! I want it! It's so cute. I cannot kiss it enough!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, what 2 little cuties! And the girls too... haha. Just kidding.
Nice shots and the kitten does look like Tubbs from what I can tell. Very cute.

Sara said...

aw, it does look like tubbs. Except she had a white tummy