8.28.2009

Madagascar 2

This summer the girls went to their FIRST movie in a movie theater! The local theater was playing free kid movies on Wednesdays at 10am. So, we picked a movie that we approved of and talked it up! The girls have had this movie theater experience in their history and it helped to prepare them.


Since the movie was free, I knew to expect 2 things: crowds of kids, buying treats! In order to ensure a decent seat, we got there at about 15 minutes after 9am (that's early for a movie!). We were able to get GREAT seats. About 15 minutes before the movie started, crowds of daycare groups started piling in. Whew! We had our seats!


Yes, I let the girls get a drink and a treat. They each picked an icee, popcorn and candy. Whoa!!!


Movie, free!

Treats, $26.00

Experience, hopefully priceless!



They had a blast. Madagascar 2 proved to be a very funny movie. There were 1 or 2 parts that, in my opinion, were not necessary. Pardon the dark photos. It was in a theater and I only had my cell phone.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Wow! 26 bucks for snacks!! That's crazy!! Really, their first trip to the movies??

Anonymous said...

What fun! My first movie was a Lassie movie - when she got shot by the Nazis, the entire theater was crying - I hadda choke back my tears so Mom would let me stay. Treats were ... a nickel! Hahaha

Hugs, Nana Z