9.24.2010

Soccer Girl

Ella likes to role play a lot while playing dress up or dolls. She often plays with a naked a Barbie doll. When I ask why she doesn't put clothes on her Barbie she responds, "because she's a poor girl-Mom!" Duh, as if!
Since we began reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books she chooses to play Farm girl or Pioneer girl. Sometimes she's Rescue girl.

This past Summer, somewhat against her wishes, we encouraged her to be Soccer girl! Truly, she asked us to sign her up for soccer. However the last 2 weeks of the session she wanted to quit....and we wouldn't let her. She was not Happy girl--at that point.

The whole session is centered around skills and drills in a fun setting--games, relays, etc.. The last 2 nights are actual games. One game against the parents and one game against another team. She requested goalie so that she "didn't have to run."

But, I did manage to get a few pictures.

You can do it Ella! Try your best!

Way to go!

I don't need a haircut, not at all... 

Pregame warm ups

The team... 


Hmm, what's this on my fingernail?


Okay, I'll stand here.

You there! Boy! Don't kick me again!

Yes! Me, I want to be goalie again! Please, pretty please!

Alright, now I don't have to run. I will practice my spy moves (a.k.a. Perry the Platypus Secret Agent moves!)

Hey, where's everyone going? 

Why thank you. I AM cute!

What? You want me, ME, to chase the ball out there? ALL THE WAY OUT THERE? 



1 comment:

Mom said...

hahah.. cute. Didn't know she did the soccer too!
And, I like his hair. He's a handsome fellow. :-)