6.14.2009

Bikes!

We decided that it was time to get the girls bicycles. After perusing the selections at Toys R' Us, Target, local garage sales, Wal-mart, etc....we finally made our decision. Arthur thought it might be fun to give them to the girls in a tricky way.

We, first, set up the video camera to record the event. Arthur and I got the bikes out into the garage and started riding them (carefully) in a circle. We called for the girls; they came thinking they were in trouble for something.

As soon as they were visible we shouted, "Look at our new bicycles. We love them! Don't you?"
The girls could barely contain themselves. They screeched and squeaked and hesitated in claiming them for themselves. But...they knew that we were just playing after a few seconds of thinking.

It was a fun way to present something to them. Not to mention, we have it on video to show them when they are older.




3 comments:

Jo said...

Hahaha! I love it! I'm glad you finally posted something!

Sara said...

nice presentation! I would've loved to see their little confused faces.

Mom said...

Great! I remember when I was young, one Christmas. After opening all of our gifts, my dad told me to take the trash down to the basement. I didn't want to. Wanted to play. So finally, grudgingly, I went downstairs and found 3 new bikes and 1 new wagon (leigh was too small for the bikes). What a surprise!