I thought you might enjoy this fall recipe while pumpkins are on the brain! This recipe comes from my friend over at A Traveling Thought!
Pumpkin Cheese Cake
Crust:
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1" inch up side of 9" spring form pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Do not allow to brown.
Cheesecake :
3 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 3/4 cup (16 oz can) pumpkin
2 eggs
2/3 cups evaporated milk
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Beat cream cheese and sugars with electric mixer until fluffy.
Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch and spices; Beat well.
Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until edge is set.
Topping:
2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in small bowl. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake.
Return to 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Chill several hours before removing side of pan.
Maybe be made 1 to 2 days ahead.
Serves 12-16.
3 comments:
wow! i haven't made that since Kendra's shower. thanks! i better go make that again. that WAS good!
looks really good. I do believe I shall make this. Thank you! (while I am thinking of it - can u add list of names of people who can leave a comment w/out censorship? If so, add me)
Looks yummy. Just so happens today that I found a very similar recipe but, sugarless (lo-carbin)...yum.
Post a Comment