6.08.2008

Alabama, day #1

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Amos.

Amos who?


A mosquito bit you!

Actually, several mosquitoes feasted on us, in particular McKenna, then me. It's my fault, in part, not getting repellent of some sort on her until it was too late. My mom lives in the middle of the woods and there are just too many creepy crawlies and bugs of sorts.

We arrived safely to Alabama and enjoyed a big family gathering at my mother's place. It was good to see everyone. The gathering was in honor of a few graduates: Eric, Caitlin, Emily, McKenna (and I like to think Arthur was being celebrated even though he wasn't there.).

McKenna and Ella enjoyed visiting with all of their great aunts and uncles. They played hide and go seek, they swam in "kiddie" pool, they read books, played with a variety of random toys that my mom has collected.

And, in spite of waking up at 4 a.m.--we were still kickin' at 8:30pm. No naps, or anything!




Here I am with my cousin, Eric and sister, Sara. Eric was one of the graduates being celebrated that day.





Emily, Eric and Caitlin: 2008 Graduates!




Kendra and baby Parker




Aunt Lynda, Haley, Grandma, Sara, me



Ella played with this toy for a LONG time. She was more skilled than I anticipated when it came to shooting the missile at her relatives. Once she got the pumping part down, there was no stopping her.

Caitlin and McKenna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

skeeters! watch out for those skeeters!

Anonymous said...

Technically, we played "hide" and "forget to seek", which is when I discovered the mosquito problem too...

Tell Arthur at least this time I did not play make believe hide and see and hide in trunk of car. I played real hide and seek and hid in bed of truck... hm, i see a pattern.....