6.29.2008

most kids want candy...

or chocolate, or lollipops, or (if they are a bit older) cash. Sometimes they want to go to the park or the zoo or the toy store. Not Ella!

This morning (around 6:00 a.m.) Ella was sitting quietly on my lap sucking her thumb, as usual. It's our morning routine. It's how she wakes up.

Ella: Mommy?

Me: Yea...

Ella: I want to be back in your tummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well her favorite part of visiting Alabama was watching tv. The only other time I heard her use the word favorite was when she removed her thumb from her mouth to say, "Cioci, this is my favorite thing to do with my thumb" and she placed her thumb back in her mouth. :)

Anonymous said...

I guess that's better than what she said to me. lol.
While Jessica had to go outside at Aunt Leigh's to get phone reception, Ella got fussy wanting Jessica. So, being the lovely nanny that I am, I sat on the arm of the chair that she flung herself belly side down onto and told her that mommy would be right back. When I asked her what she wanted, she stopped crying, turned, looked at me and said..."I want you to NOT BE HERE!"
But then, a cookie made it all better.

Anonymous said...

OH, that is so funny! Wouldn't we all - at one time or another - wnat to go back in our mommy's tummy? Ella is te most intelligent thumb-sucker I've ever known! --- Nana