It was a Monday. Within a millisecond of opening the door, I was covered in sweat! But, we decided to go to the Birmingham Zoo anyways! Heat Index? I knew not the words! 103 didn't scare me!
Yes, while in AL we went to the nearest zoo with Cioci Lynda, Uncle James, Cousin Max, and Nanny! The B'ham Zoo has tons of Bamboo, something that my girls only see on Dora and Diego. They were fascinated by it. We had a hard time progressing past any trail that had bamboo. Their high interest level was mimicked by Max.
There was a small tunnel the kids could go through in Kangaroo Country. The tunnel was designed to look like a mine. There were even miner hats for the kids to put on their horrifically sweaty heads and then drop back in the box for someone else to wear! Though, at this point McKenna and Ella needed a break from the sun (as if you couldn't tell by their faces).
There was a dancing water fountain, that I didn't know about. The not knowing part explains the absence of swim suits. McKenna had a blast dancing around in her clothes in the fountain. Ella wanted so badly to join in. She couldn't grasp the thought of getting her sundress wet, however. I explained that it would dry. I explained that I actually had a change of clothes for her too. I offered to go in the fountains with her. Everyone else tried to explain things to her. She understood...she just didn't care! Ella wanted desperately to get wet but refused to get wet without a swimsuit. I changed her into her shorts thinking maybe she'd get those wet. Nope!
After swimming everyone enjoyed an ice cream treat!
3 comments:
Ha! I love it! And I love that the sundress Ella had on was the one we gave her for her birthday! She looks SO cute in it. So, did she end up going in the water? I noticed that she had a change of clothes on in later pictures....
Good question. I had changed her clothes because she didn't want to get her dress wet. I thought maybe she'd get her shorts wet. No such luck! She actually wears that dress a lot.
Well, at least you did not do what Nana did to us...she just had us go in our underwear. Did not matter how many spectators. I do not actually know if it happened often, or if the time I remember getting teased at McKower (can't recall name) Park might have just been replayed in my poor little brain over and over again.
We are actually putting these fountains in the decks around swimming pools now.
Post a Comment