2.20.2010

Happy Birthday to Ella

We celebrated Ella's birthday a little early this year. Since we would be traveling on her actual birthday (Feb. 26th), I wanted to do the  friend party beforehand. So, we invited 12 little girls over to the house for a Hello Kitty birthday party.

For the most part, I try to give the girls a lot of creative control with their parties. Ella went back and forth between a Barbie Party and a Hello Kitty party. I even let her (as I have in the past) decide on her guest list. She pulled friends from preschool and church. I limit the number and she goes from the there.

I think she had a blast. She made out like a bandit! Our friends are so generous. Having family so far away, I really depend on friends when it comes to birthday parties!

Here's Ella with a few of the balloons!


 Ahem....McKenna did her own hair. It changed a few times throughout the party.

We painted kitty faces...






We painted wooden magnets. Here's Ella's polka dotted flower magnet.


The set up....here the girls are decorating their goody bags. We had shapes, stickers and die-cuts from the Cricut machine to use on the goody bags.


The friends who came...

 Look at that cute kitty face!




So cute! Meow!


We made kitty masks using paper plates, shredded paper and pipe cleaners.



 The girls decorated their own cupcakes. Ella picked purple and pink frosting. I also made Kitty Cream (red jello, whisked with whip cream). Of course, kitties love to eat fish...so we munched on Goldfish crackers as well.




The first toys she played with.


The mess afterwards....


She opened a few gifts from AL. Cioci Sara sent her felicitiy's riding dress. Ella INSISTS that it is a reading dress, however.



 Mom, the gift you sent....I haven't uploaded the pics yet. Sorry!

Arthur and I enjoyed helping Ella enjoy her 5th birthday party. It's hard to wrap my brain around her age! She will start kindergarten next year. Wow. Next birthday party--I will definately have a 3rd set of arms to help me get all of the pictures that I want. I wasn't able to get a group shot, or a picture of each guest with Ella. Oh well, these things happen, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boyoboy, I'll bet all the kids hope to get invited to the girl's parties. Adorable motif!

Hugs - Nana Z

Mom/Nanny said...

looks like they had fun...as always. I just noticed that McKenna has the proper t-shirt on for the occasion!