2.19.2010

Toothless Wonder




Today, McKenna lost her very first tooth. The night before Thanksgiving she was eating some pizza and discovered that it was loose. She called a ton of you. Remember? Well, today at school it fell out? Her teacher sent me these photos. Today was a special day at school. It was their 100th Day Celebration. Do you notice the 100 straws in the picture? The class had a celebration and some parents visited to help with stations focused on the number 100. Here's the email from her teacher:

Jessica,



She was very excited! We laughed that mom and dad didn't know I was part dentist part teacher! McKenna commented that I was part hair stylist too!!! (McKenna mentioned this because one day her pony tail was messed up and Mrs. Izzy fixed it for her.)


All week she has told me that she wanted to wait until the 100th day of school! She was very determined after we did the 100th day straw and money count that the tooth needed to come out! I tried to capture the 100th day straw count in one of the photos knowing this was an important piece of the tooth coming out! She is so cute because every place we go she smiles this huge smile to see if a teacher or a student will notice!!!! I can't wait to see her greet you and Ella! (Ella and I volunteered at the 100th Day Celebration today in McKenna's class.)


Glad that I could be part of such a special memory for her!


Jenny

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how awesome is it that McKenna's teacher sends you pictures of her. Does she know you scrapbook or is she really just that awesome of a teacher? Congrats to McKenna for losing her tooth.

Jo said...

How cute! I think she looks even more like you now! How great that you and her teacher are on a first name basis??!!

Jessica said...

Karin...its so awesome that she took and sent the photos. She has even sent out videos from activities that the kids have done. I LOVE getting them. The videos adn photos the better. Your kids are away from you for over 6 hours, its so mice to be able to feel like you know what they are doing from time to time. She's a great teacher. I have posted a couple of the videos in older posts.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, McKenna - snack dab in the middle of your mouth!! - You look adorable. Just think, in 50 yrs or so, all your teeth might fall out! What fun.

Kudos to that teacher - a rare one.

Nana Z