This is an all-time favorite and there are many, many variations of this recipe. Serve with tortilla chips. Here's what I do:
Need
8 oz sour cream
can refried beans
black olives
salsa
1 brick cream cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
lettuce (finely shredded)
tomato (diced small)
shredded cheese
Blend together
cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning-mix high to thoroughly blend
In a 9x13 glass casserole dish, layer in this order
1. Spread refried beans evenly across bottom (sometimes I warm them for a few secs to make it easier to spread them.)
2. Sour cream/cream cheese mixture
3. thin layer of salsa-I use very little because it can make the dip soggy
4. thick layer of shredded cheese
5. lettuce
6. a few diced tomatoes
7. a few black olive
Note
I cut the veggies up very small because they are meant to go on bite size chips. I have also seen corn in the layer dip before.
Another good "guy friendly" easy taco meal that I took from my mom (who maybe collaborated with Aunt Leigh):
Taco Casserole
1 roll crecent dough
1lb hamburger-browned and seasoned
2 cups cheddar cheese
8 oz sour cream
Optional: corn, cooked onion or peppers, black olive
1. Unroll crescent dough to completely cover bottom of 9X13 pan.
2. Cook at 350 for about 5-7 minutes. Remove.
3. Combine sour cream with browned meat (and optional veggies) and pour over slightly cooked dough.
4. THICK layer of cheese, cover and bake for about 15 more minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
Serve with dollop of sour cream over tortilla chips or as is!
2 comments:
The taco casserole must be what you made for us when we had Owen! So good!! I'm glad to finally have the recipe--I forgot to ask for it.
Thanx for the recipe, Sweetheart. It was quite a hit when everyone came to see Parker. Even Pa liked it!!!
Nana
Post a Comment