4.28.2008

Up and at 'em...part 1

Note: This is part one of a 2 part posting! Including the events at Camp Shamineau.

Thursday, my birthday:

The day didn't start off well, to say the least. I had a Dr. appointment that required me to fast the night before and give about 5 tubes of blood the next morning. While in the waiting room, McKenna threw up. She complained about a tummy ache the day before. But, to my defense, she says that her tummy hurts when she needs to go to the bathroom. So, you see, I hear that on a very regular basis. Of course, guilt kicked in. I felt horrible for not taking her more seriously. Then, even more horrible for forcing her to go to the doctor with me.

McKenna was not her normal, full of energy, inquisitive, take charge self that day. She rested on the couch eating Apple Jacks and sipping water until about 1pm.

Meanwhile, I had called Nate, the guy in charge of our Sunday School class's Camp Shamineau trip. I told him that it appears as though McKenna might have a stomach virus. I asked him to come up with a backup plan for my role at Camp Shamineau. You'll remember that I was heading up childcare while the other adults, painted, repaired, moved, built, etc at the camp.

Around 1pm, McKenna decided that she was hungry. I made a her a piece of toast. She wanted more. I was hesitant, but let her eat 4 pieces of toast. It stayed down. Then she ate some grapes, they also, stayed down. She was beginning to bee-bop all over the house like normal. She even played outside and began to horse around with Arthur when he came home.

The day was starting to get better.

By the way, Arthur came home early from work to help me with Ella. He also brought me some beautiful pink roses. Ella wasn't understanding that McKenna needed to be left alone. She missed her playmate. I was pulled in many directions on Thursday trying to play with and entertain Ella and nurture and comfort McKenna. I let McKenna watch quite a bit of TV, something that doesn't happen in our house all that often. But, I didn't want Ella to sit and watch 5 hrs. of TV. It was hard and I am thankful that Arthur came home early. He took over for a bit and I was able to run out to the store all by myself!



In the evening, the girls gave me a present. It was a pair of hot pink crocs! I did want a pair for playing in the yard and wearing to the beach. Now each member of our family has a pair. And Arthur gave me the promise of a date night, planned by him, designed for me! I will have to keep you posted on that one!



So, the day had a good finish. Thanks to all for the calls and emails wishing me a happy birthday. It really means a lot to me!

I am working on a post about Camp Shamineau with pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like those hot pink flashy crocks they look like they belong in Haley's closet!!! Girl you gonna be stylin!!