12.21.2008

Christmas at Home


Christmas 2008 in our home was a chaotic and wrapping paper filled morning! Was yours? McKenna woke up first. She waited patiently, staring at all of the newly added presents under the tree. Eyeing the Webkinz in her stocking but not being able to touch it, that was the challenge. After some time I decided to hurry thins along by beginning to nudge Ella. She wasn't pleased with that. But, eventually, she woke up and was excited.

Of course, stockings first thing! Yahoo, there's a Webkinz in there!
Daddy, do you see anything else in there?
This present to me is from the girls. McKenna made a coupon for me. The coupon is good for 1 free back massage. I am really excited to use this one!

Ella was happy to get a "real" flash light.

How could I resist posting that face?
McKenna made this for us at school. It is an orange with Clove piercing the peel. It smelled really yummy for some time!
Ella really showed a lot of excitement this year! She liked her mini princess dolls.

The girls sporting their new outfits!

Of course, we are so blessed! It was really fun to watch the girls' reactions to all of their gifts. McKenna showed much maturation from last year. This year she understood that even gift giving comes to an end. She also expressed gratitude and thankfulness for ALL gifts, even the ones she didn't care for. She also waited patiently for others to unwrap. What a big girl? Those things are hard for some adults to accomplish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And, I love those sweaters!
P.S. The orange w/cloves is called a pomander. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, McKenna was a big girl! I was suprise how quietly she sat opening her gifts at moms. I love the shocked and excited look on Ella's face above.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Girls!!! All 3 ... and a cute Daddy too