3.18.2008

Dora!

On February 26th Ella celebrated her 3rd birthday. Ella requested a Dora party. Once again, I was on the job! I LOVE putting together parties. All of the little girls (and one boy-Levi) were able to come. She had tons of fun and received lots of fun gifts (almost all Dora related). Of course, there were plenty of activities to entertain that many 3 year olds. McKenna and Ella decided to dress up as Dora for the party! Very cute!

Also important--I had lots of help to pull this off.


The kids played in the playroom while everyone arrived. We started with bubble popping to a Dora song that talks about, what else--popping bubbles. We also read 2 Dora storybooks. Arthur and I made these small Dora character posters and colored them. For gift opening we placed them in a circle and each child sat on one. When his/her character's name was called, that child was able to present her/his gift to Ella. It worked like magic. Everyone stayed in the circle; everyone was able to see. There was a special Dora video (I hated having the kids watch TV at a party--but this was a very special video). I have posted a small segment of the video. We ended the party with a homemade
pinata of Backpack.



On the menu:
cheese quesadillas, beef tacos, arroz con leche (rice pudding), fruit salad and cake and ice cream


Worth noting:

Ella hasn't thoroughly enjoyed birthday parties in the past. We think she doesn't always enjoy being the center of attention (I can't fathom this?). She handled this one lots better and did have fun. However, she didn't want us to sing Happy Birthday to her and she didn't want to blow out her candles either!







2 comments:

Lynda :) said...

What fun!!! I absolutely LOOOVE the dora/Ella video!!! Too funny! I just wish it were longer. Looks like you did a great job, once again, with the birthday party. You'll have to clue me in on how you did the video. Max has recently gotten into watching Dora which James isn't thrilled about but I pointed out to him that Diego is in there too.
Such talent you possess dear niece of mine ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the dressing up like Dora is a hoot. Wig and all! I do NOT like planning parties. Maybe I can hire YOU to plan my next one!