3.07.2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

This past Monday McKenna's preschool observed Dr. Seuss' birthday. They had a birthday party for him. Read a different Dr. Seuss book each class (she meets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). Someone dressed up as The Cat in the Hat and visited the classroom. I guess the class sang Happy Birthday. For an art project, they made their own hats out of ribbons, paper plates, pom poms, paint, etc. She has a new found love for Dr. Seuss books. We only have a few here at home and she has had me read them all this week. Even Ella enjoyed it a bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great to see that you've started a blog:) Isn't it fun!? Yeah, no prob at all that you check mine out and added a link on yours. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

it has been about 10 years since I read the last Dr. Seuss book (Hooray for Hiffendoofer Day, which was started by Dr. Seuss and finished posthumously by Prelutsky/Lane. I can still recite most of Cat in the Hat, Cat in the Hat Returns, and most of Green Eggs and Ham by Heart. On the other hand, I know one line of Shakespeare...